Wednesday, May 29, 2013


I have been pretty busy, though blogging doesn't prove it. I must get better about documenting my sewing exploits. In the past couple weeks I have made a few shirts and a dress by augmenting one of my patterns. All fun stuff that didn't get photographed. 

I made a fun wristlet with the vintage embroidery pattern in a previous post, *and* managed to take some photos. I love this pattern. I started a PDF for it last summer, but time got away from me. I should put that on to-do short list for this weekend. Before I get that pattern up in my Craftsy store, I think I need to make a slightly larger body so I will fit the bigger cell phones. Fits the iPhone perfectly, but I don't want to be overly partial to the technology. 

Tonight I finished another shirt using my keyhole pattern. I decided I needed a sailor shirt. Yes, something for when I take to the sea later this summer. Oh, I had fun with this one! I went with a nice blue cotton for the body, sleeves and collar, with contrasting yoke in white. I used matching blue floss for my anchor and star embroidered decals. 

And just for good measure, a kind of crappy photo of a headless me wearing the shirt. I wanted to show how the now porthole neckline (as my keyhole has gone nautical) falls on me. 

If I didn't get sidetracked with things like work, I would have finished this a day or two ago. But the job puts fabric on the cutting table so I can't really complain, especially since I happen to enjoy what I do.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013


Oh, blog. How you have been sorely neglected these past months. I apologize for taking those horrible classes that cruelly come between me and what Gina makes... Now we have the summer to get down with the crafting. A few months to see what we can do before it is back to full-time work and part-time school this fall. I already made one dress and one shirt in the past 72 hours. Now let's get down with some vintage embroidery transfers. Momma needs a fun, new wallet...