I made three skirts using the McCall's pattern M6567. I love the long sweeping fishtail. Two with ruffles and one without:
|green cherry blossom festival|
|red with white, green, and pink dots from Ikea|
|blue Japanese collage I've had for years|
A purple and white version of my go-to shirt pattern: New Look 6781.
Let's see, then there was the white Kona cotton pullover shirt using Simplicity 2365.
Oh yeah, and a cute little dress using the Lisette 2209 by Simplicity.
That brings us up to last week. I got an idea for a dress of John's niece Lily. We are horrible at getting presents to the kids on time so this is actually her late birthday present. Ha. Anyhow, I saw some cute little knot shoulder sundresses and decided since I hadn't drafted a clothing pattern in ages I would give it a go. Most of my original designs of late have been bags, purses and toys. I need to start flexing my clothes drafting muscles before they atrophy.
I guessed at the general size from her age then set about figuring out common body dimensions, wearing ease and design ease. I think this dress works. It is a simple pullover empire waist design (or maybe untie a shoulder then pull it over) with plenty of swing in the skirt. I made the bodice front and back do opposing dips just to be cute. It is made out of a pink seersucker with small daisies. And then I topped it off with three yo-yos studded with daisy buttons. If it fits, she will be cute as can be. If it doesn't, it will make a great dress for an over sized teddy bear.